Photos

February 18, 2010

Waiting for a Plane

I've been trying to communicate more with others and here is another effort to keep that commitment! I have been uneasy the last two weeks during the work day. The main reason is that, in the past year, God has almost never given me the resources I need in advance. If I need to move forward in my plans for being a missionary, I seem to have to start filling out a visa application, or signing up for flight lessons, or putting together my passport application, etc. before I know how I am going to pay for these things.

As of last week I found out that all of the funding for flight training (at least according to my estimate of what it will cost) is available to me. However, we do not have an airplane available for me to use. There are planes available to rent, but they cost roughly three times what it costs me to fly one of our planes. I've been uneasy because I want to move forward, but everyone I've talked to agrees that waiting two weeks for the plane to arrive makes more sense than spending three times the money just to advance a week sooner. I want to know what God's will is though, so I am praying in this matter. The trip to go buy the plane and fly it from California to here has been postponed until next week. I am thinking that soon I may make plans to rent and move forward and trust that God will make up the difference so that I can finish flight training.

Aside from that anxiety, the good news is that since I haven't been flying, I've been available to help with the remodeling that is going on here at the GMI Media Center. In the next couple of weeks we should have an ideal layout of the offices, and a custom receptionist "command center". I'll post some pictures soon. We may be running a production studio for 5 TV stations out of this humble building soon. Many people have a sense of anticipation as if God is going to move in a mighty way to remove all the current barriers to our reaching the world with God's last-day message. Even non-Christians have been more open to receiving literature about the Bible recently when I offer it. May the Lord come soon.

God Bless,

Scott Sterling

No comments:

Post a Comment