Photos

September 18, 2008

Update 2008

Hi all,

Here is what has been happening. I've been working at Finale's Desserts for some time. I have my Private Pilot's license (PTL!) I received it in March. I now have a few thousand dollars invested at the flight school I have been training at in Everett, WA. However, after talking with Mr. Gates and considering the length of time I must remain here to finish my Instrument rating at $200 per flying hour, I decided to take his advice! I'm moving back to Collegedale, TN to study at the Collegedale airport (3M3) using the Piper Cherokee available there. I'm anticipating between $50 and $60 per hour, but even $100 per hour will be cheaper! I need to add 50 cross-country hours to my curriculum as I leave the "F.A.R. Part 141" school in Everett. After talking with David I believe this is possible in Collegedale as well.

As for recent news, I have been praying for a job, convenient place to stay, and a mode of transportation while I am there. God has provided all three! And one week out, no less! Anyway I will be staying with a student there and renting a room on the Southern Adventist University campus. I will be working with a man who does tree service, a very dangerous profession, but I will be on the ground! He needs me until the end of December which is perfect! And finally my friend John has a vehicle I can buy with a small down payment.

I will be sad to leave the family I have here and friends. I am enjoying my last week here, and will leave on Tuesday the 23rd. Pray for travelling mercies and that I may be an instrument of God's peace in the small community I will be going to in Collegedale!

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment