Photos

September 29, 2008

In Collegedale

Happy Monday!

Well, the Lord was good. I made it here alive and haven't forgotten anything vital at home. I'm missing my headset, but I'll get that sent, borrow one here or buy one if it's lost, seeing I haven't flown for awhile and am not sure that it wasn't stolen a month or so ago with my other pilot gear. That's another story.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying the sunny Collegedale weather. My friend John has a men's group here and many of the men in his bible study/ support group are my friends now. I live with one of them, work for one of them and it's a blessing to be surrounded by people interested in furthering their walk with God and overcoming the "sins that so easily beset" them (and I as well).

I was going to buy a car from a friend, for $100 per month, but upon arriving I found that one of my roommates has one to spare, and I can borrow it if I put insurance on it! That will save some money. Also, I love to cook sometimes and my roommates don't seem to mind if I do some of the cooking. You see, they have this interesting idea that we should keep all things in common, like the early Christians. I love this! I'm not sure we're doing it exactly right, but so far we chip in for things like food, soap, etc, and no-one calls any of the food, at least, his own. It's kind of comforting and inspires me to give more thought to what I buy at the store for their sake!

Finally, I am doing tree service. I have worked 3 days out of the last five and we got the job done. It is supposed to be one of the top ten most dangerous jobs you can get. At first I didn't see the danger, because my friend is very skilled and careful. But soon I found that tree limbs, when they fall, can either lie flat, or plant themselves on one end and then fall in an unexpected direction. This, along with some other stories from the boss, have convinced me to be always on my toes and watching for tree branches, even when he's not necessarily in a tree.

I am praying for all of my friends and if you'd like to submit a prayer request, please do! I love you all and hope to see you soon.

God Bless,

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment